Amazon Deals

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Well hello there old blog!

WOW, it has been a very LONG time since I looked at this blog...   I decided to look at it again to chronicle how I'm doing with the 100 days of real food challenge .

2015 is going to be a new year, a new beginning and a lot of changes.  First starting with this challenge. I've already gotten a little bit of a head start by going to the stores today. I went to Costco and started snapping pictures of organic food prices.  I was very surprised to learn that things listed as organic, like a soup for instance had a crap load of weird ingredients.

I'm not one to usually buy canned or packaged food, like soups to eat, I usually make my own. But I am guilty of processed foods. Box Rice, condiments, cereal for the kids, yogurt, juice, cheese (that American crap)...  I don't ever buy organic food - I did today.

I'm going to need to do it in pieces. It is more expensive, so I need to come up a plan to do it. One way is I'm going to make some of the things myself.  I made granola tonight, and I made some kale chips.  I'm going to try my hand at homemade cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, cheese, crackers, and bread. Right now I also have going a couple of jars of what will be raw apple cider in a couple of months.

Meat, well at this point I can't see doing organic a lot. Not on our budget.  Fruit, well I can't eat fresh, so I will buy some and probably freeze it for smoothies, or blueberries for pancakes or muffins.  I'll buy what I can, when I can afford to from either Chowlocally or the Gilbert Farmers Market. I even have a call into Schnepf Farms to get more information on their U-Pick I don't see days or times listed.  I'm excited about going to the Farmers Market, I've never been to one!!

Tomorrow I'll be making some whole wheat organic (well mostly lol) bread in my bread maker. I've been pinning a lot of things on pinterest - between recipes, crafts, and ideas for the apartment Reiley and I will be moving to in Colorado at the end of May.

I told you there were going to be a lot of changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment