Amazon Deals

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - A Year in Review

On this last day of the year I shall reflect and move on to welcome the new year, 2015!!

The beginning of the year started with all my nieces in our care, returning back to their parents, leaving us with just our nephews who were not yet 2 and not yet 3.

February Reiley had a mental health break down and we were in the ER waiting for a psych bed for over 24 hours, when they decided to do a med adjustment and we went home.

Two weeks later, Reiley went septic, and scared the ever living shit out of me. She had urinary sepsis, from a kidney infection, then line infection. 

April we fought with our licensing agency and my in-laws during the renewal process of our foster license. I spent a week in the hospital with my nephew and it was not fun at all. 

May we moved out of one house to a smaller house since we no longer had 9 kids in the home at one time and down to just 5 at one time. We had the second CPS call on us - something foster parents are told to expect. Yet you never expect your own family and your licensing agency to file false reports.

May was a rough month, though the state moved swiftly to rectify the CPS call and closed the case within one week (it takes 6 months usually) I told John that I could no long subject my own children to care for his brothers kids, especially since we had no support from his own parents. We told CPS to find them someplace else to go the end of May, after nearly 18 months of caring for them.  We cried for weeks, and I still cry to this very day about it. I miss those two so much and sad that I will never see them again most likely. 

June I went to the Bahamas on a Scentsy trip and my last anything with Scentsy since that all ended terribly. We went on Reiley's Make-A-Wish Trip to the American Girl Store in the LA Area, and she had so much fun.

July, I started to make plans to go back to college, also to get my CNA license and figure out life.

August, Reiley had a scope and was inpatient for a couple of days. She has a mystery issue with her tummy that we still don't know what it means. 

September I started back to college and had to delay attending my CNA school as we had nursing issues.

October, I started CNA school and John and I agreed that we would split and I could move to Colorado with Reiley. Ean decided to finish out high school in Arizona and would spend the summers with me.  Simona died. Max became an official Service Dog. 

November I finished CNA school, passed my State Boards. Reiley was inpatient on the Bio Behavioral Floor.

December, was just a sad month for me. This whole month I have felt very alone, and that I let my kids down this holiday season. Plus the house was empty - JC had to go back to his moms that morning, Ean had to start a house sitting job that afternoon, Lexi doesn't come over much (19 now) and the little boys were no longer with us. Reiley was sick, we had no tree, and a handful of gifts for the kids, and that was thanks to others, as I was only able to buy them one. I thought I had a job part-time to work within the hours I had nursing for Reiley, and then it turned out they didn't have a job for the hours I could work.  Plus I gained a ton of weight, more than I have ever weighed at ANY point in my life and nothing fits - and I have no money for clothes, and not having much luck at Goodwill.  Plus I'm just frustrated with Reiley's health.  She has battled having UTI's and C.Diff since March - both of these increase her violent behavior and one gives her the other condition, it is just a nasty vicious cycle - and I'm done with it, and sad for her. Plus her GI system is failing more, she hasn't grown any height wise, and she has missed out a lot with having friends, and being able to attend functions... being a little girl.

So 2015 - we are just officially a couple hours away.  I have signed up to do a 14 week challenge to eat more real food and to cut out processed foods. I need to lose 25 to 30 pounds. 

I'm hoping to start working for another home health company for like 2 to 4 hours a couple days a week. I need to finish my fall classes and start up my spring classes for the dietitian program... so these new goals and ways in my life should benefit me in more ways than one. LOL

Ean will be 16 years old... what in the world?!!! 13 days later, I will be 45... what in the world?!!! Reiley is already scheduled for two procedures, a cystoscopy and endoscopy. She will also have some sort of muscle biopsy with the endoscopy.

We are filing for bankruptcy, we've been making payments for two years, and it's all paid for now, just need to do the paperwork and get it done. Then we can finalize the divorce too. 

March I'm going out to Colorado, Reiley will stay at the Ryan House, and I will go check out places to live, and will see if I can meet any of the doctors that have been recommended for Reiley. In any case I will go check out the hospital and go to the health care company we are with now and meet with them, as I will be working for them when I move there. 

April will be busy with trying to get ready to move - I may try to have a birthday party for her in April... not sure yet. 

End of May to move! After that... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment