Amazon Deals

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time to share a recipe!

I *think* this will work for those on Weight Watchers, but don't hold me to that.  :)  Even my picky step son enjoyed this!

Spaghetti Squash

Ingredients:

  • 1 spaghetti squash cut lengthwise in half
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion chopped, (I use sweet onion)
  • 1 clove of garlic minced
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 3 tbsp of chopped olives (you can use whatever you prefer I prefer the kalamata ones)
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
  3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
  4. Use a large spoon to scoop the seeds out of the squash. Then use a fork to pull  the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.               
Now you can add other items to this, I like to use Shrimp I've sauteed a little in garlic and some butter.


Serve with a nice Salad and if you dare some Crusty French Bread or my favorite Garlic Bread!



No comments:

Post a Comment