Amazon Deals

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Remember when Graduation was for High School or College?

OK... now I know it's been a really long time for me since I was in school, let alone my elementary years... I mean I started school in 1975, before most of you were even a glimmer... ha!

I'm trying to understand when it became common place to have graduations for elementary grades?

Tonight the family attended Reiley's preschool graduation. Preschool graduation.... I find it funny... I mean it was cute, but are these kids REALLY getting a SENSE of accomplishment? I mean when I graduated High School, it was a HUGE deal! All that schooling, hard work and discipline paid off and time to become a real adult! I'm still working on the college thing!

What are your thoughts on this?

Oh BTW here is my cute little Preschool Graduate. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think preschool graduation is totally silly. They have no clue what is going on or why they are have this type of assembly. Is it cute, yes, but what isn't at this age! Get rid of all these graduations and stick to what counts as accomplishments! High School and College.

    ReplyDelete