Amazon Deals

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shopping with little money...

With $19.00 to play with ... hahahahaha... I went shopping today... I went to CVS, Walmart and Fry's.

I actually went to Fry's twice because I forgot an important coupon... I was running out of time this morning and just totally forgot to clip it... anway... luckily the store is just down the street :)


So first trip was CVS to pick up a couple of Reiley's meds and some Thermacare.  I got a small box of kids florastor which is not what I usually buy, but since I'm super low on funds... I bought this. I had a $3 off $10.00 in health care.  Now this is an OTC item... that is priced pretty high there. I go online and find whomever has it cheapest, print it and bring it with me and they price match it for me. So that saved me $6.00 right away. Then the $3.00/$10.00 CRT machine coupon, I had a $7.00 off any Florastor Coupon and used a $5.00 ECB and paid $1.44 for her florastor that they had priced at $22.00.

Thermacare was an ECB (extra care buck) deal and allowed me to roll an ECB. They were $6.97 each, I had two manufacture coupons for $3.00 off and CVS sent me in the mail $3.00 off a thermacare product, so I was able to stack these coupons together and used a $4.00 ECB. I also received a CRT for $1.00 off Crystal Light and one for a free Green Tag. A Green Tag is used with your recycle grocery bag and for every four swipes you receive a $1.00 ECB. This was the second one of these I have received this week so now I have 3 green tags. The Crystal light singles are $1.00/2 so I got two of those free. So I spent $1.92 oop with tax on the Thermacare, Crystal Light and Green Tag, and received a $5.00 ECB.

Next to Walmart or White Trash World as I fondly call it. LOL...

I don't shop there often... I really don't like Walmart.. but I had a list of freebies or almost freebies so it was time to finally go suffer through it. HA!

My total oop (out of pocket) at Walmart was $3.03 with tax -  .54c of that was the subtotal, the rest was tax. The nice thing about Walmart (the only thing NICE) is that they will apply the total cost of your coupon to your item and will even give you cash back if your coupons are greater than your cost... So for example I had some coupons worth $3 but the item was $1.97 but they gave me credit for the full $3.00 which just came off the cost of my other items. 

So this picture is both CVS (minus the Florastor) and Walmart. Not bad for $4.95 - with $3.83 being tax! Damn tax!

Tidy Cat is a donation item to a local pet rescue, the polygrip I thought would be funny as a gag birthday gift - it was free... some razors there are for donation, the others for Lexi... bandaids as Reiley can go through a box in a day.. GRRR...  anyways I bought 25 items again, not including the Florastor, for $4.95 with tax so about .20c each item.

Fry's was next. I bought 4 Farmer John Bacon and left a coupon for someone else, 2 cartons of Breyers Ice Cream, 3 bags of Ore-Ida Frozen Potato's, and a Skinny Cow Candy Bar.. $4.56 with Tax... I had $2.00 off coupons for the Farmer John, I had a Target Coupon and Manufacture coupons the company sent me from a request I had made for coupons... the potato's were a Mega Deal Item, but I wasn't going to buy 10 items just to save another .50c each... (if the items had been free, different story) so I paid .79c each for two of them and the third one was free with the coupon I got from facebook. I had a $2.00 Catalina off my next shopping order, a Target coupon and again another manufacture coupon Unilever sent me for the ice cream and one for the candy bar.  I was irritated with myself because I did forget the Safeway In ad Coupon for the Viva Paper Towels.. and today was the last day I could use the coupon as it expired today so I went back. I mean I go through TONS of paper towels. Because Reiley has these colonized infections in her body, I wash my hands a ton... and to not spread the infections, we use paper towels to dry our hands after giving her meds, starting and stopping her feeds, any time we need to touch her G-tube site.  So I went back and got these paper towels I have never used... they look so nice.. I'm going to hoard those for sure. LOL!!

It was a good deal at basically .32c a roll including tax since I got back $4.00 off my next shopping order!


I made it, all under $19.00! that includes 20 days worth of medicine for Reiley that is $22.00 normally.


1 comment: